About Taylor Johnson
Posts by Taylor Johnson:
Banner Life’s underwriting team is always looking for ways to responsibly improve risk evaluation. We are excited to announce the following changes:
Marijuana use consideration for non-tobacco rate classes
Previously, with any Marijuana use our best offer was Preferred Tobacco rates. We review the overall unique medical context of each applicant and can now consider:
- Preferred Plus NT for very infrequent use of 1-2x per year
- Standard Plus NT for recreational use up to 8x per month
- More frequent use will be reviewed for individual consideration
Please keep in mind, these are best case ratings and do not include other medical conditions or histories which will be taken into consideration. With these changes we’re introducing Marijuana screening to our urine test panel. For those who test positive, a delay of a few days may be expected while a confirmation second screening using existing blood work is conducted. No reconsiderations will be made on previous cases.
Have a case in mind? Contact your ISSUE Relationship Manager to see which of our carriers may be the best fit for your client’s needs.
Legal & General America continues to back market-leading competitive position and solid operating performance with exceptional financial strength ratings from three of the world’s top ratings agencies.
A.M. Best reaffirmed ‘A+ (Superior) Financial Strength Rating for Banner Life and William Penn
Standard & Poor’s reaffirmed ‘AA-‘ (Very Strong) Financial Strength Rating for Banner Life and William Penn
Fitch Ratings reaffirmed the Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating for Banner Life and William Penn at ‘AA-‘
COMDEX Score ’95’
*All ratings shown are current as of January 15, 2021
This page will continue to be updated as restrictions are lifted.
All Underwriting Updates
In this social media-driven society it’s crucial to have a strategy to meet clients right where they are scrolling.
Join Blue Compass as they show you how to better reach current and potential clients via social media, without getting overwhelmed.
Register for the webinar today: https://bit.ly/32gCYMy
Keeping your insurance license current is one key to ensuring that your business is placed and commissions are paid in a timely manner. ISSUE makes it easy with the help of SuranceBay’s online appointment software, SureLC.
FREE ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING:
Already have AML Training? Click here for help on how to use the AML Training tab for other AML providers.
LOW-COST E&O COVERAGE:
New Term Pricing Effective June 10, 2020
New rates for Banner Life OPTerm 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 include a mix of decreases and increases.
Banner Life OPTerm pricing comes in at #1 – 74% of the time and top 3 – 89% of the time against core competitors*
New Monthly Modal Factor
The reprice lowers the monthly modal factor from .086 to .085. Both annual and monthly rates are highly competitive!
Check out Banner’s updated term webpage to find administrative guidelines, product specifications, marketing materials and more.
The application process for Mutual of Omaha’s Term Life Express and Living Promise Whole Life Insurance products is simple – no medical exam and only a few health questions. But did you know when you complete the application using MOO’s e-Application you will receive an instant underwriting decision?
Automated Underwriting, MOO’s instant decision solution, provides you an underwriting decision in minutes, if not seconds, while you are completing the application with your client.
If you have any questions, please contact your relationship manager or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lincoln LifeGuarantee® UL (2019) with premiums increasing 20% on average.
- Lincoln VULONE (2019) and Lincoln SVULONE (2019) with premiums increasing 16% on average, applying across all funding patterns, ages, and underwriting classes.
- In June, Lincoln will be launching Lincoln AssetEdge VUL (2020) and Lincoln AssetEdge Exec VUL (2020) accumulation VUL products offering significant cash value growth potential and more indexed account options. (*Pending SEC and FINRA approval.)
- In addition to the Conserve indexed account, AssetEdge is adding 3 new Indexed accounts: Balanced, Perform and Perform Plus, providing competitive alternatives to the Variable Subaccounts and Fixed Account.
- Also in June, the new Lincoln Enhanced ValueSM Rider (LEVR) for Lincoln’s WealthAccumulate IUL (2019) will launch, providing high early cash value for Business protection and premium financing sales.
- Now offering more flexibility with three Return of Premium (ROP) Benefit Options: 100% ROP / 93% ROP / 85% ROP
- 10-year benefit period that grades down in years 8+
- New compensation structure (rider will require new Comp Builder)
Above age 60: Smooth Sailing
Below age 60: Temporary Underwriting Requirement Adjustments
There may be situations where we are unable to obtain traditional medical requirements due to either vendor closure or limited staff. In those circumstances, we’re temporarily offering an alternative to underwriting for pending or newly submitted formal applications.
For applicants that meet all the following criteria, Pacific Life will use other available data sources to underwrite in lieu of in-person exams:
If we are unable to get adequate data from the data sources, Pacific Life may require traditional underwriting methods. Please contact us for more information, as this will be on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants must be age 60 or younger.
- Face amounts up to $1 million.
- Standard or better risk classifications only. Applicants with a rating below standard will require normal exam requirements.
The PruFast Track process is based on a statistical model. Pru has studied clients who have been approved for the top three risk classes (Preferred Best, Preferred Non-Tobacco, and Non-Smoker Plus) in the past to determine what characteristics they had in common. Those clients who have similar characteristics as determined by the model will be put on the Accelerated path. Clients who do not follow the Accelerated path can still qualify for the top three risk classes.
SBLI offers an expedited process automatically used for all cases with face amounts up to $500,000, ages 18-60, and all risk classes, without a
medical exam. Advantages include:
– Non-invasive process for your client
– Easier sales track for the agent
– Improved overall cycle time
– Improved placement rate
A fast and easy path to underwriting decisions for face amounts up to $5-10M. Eligibility parameters:
- Electronic ticket applications (drop ticket) only
- Ages 18-60
- Single-life term and permanent products (including the Long-Term Care rider)
- U.S. permanent residents
An underwriting program that is used to process applications up to $1,000,000 with no exam. Recently updated to allow more cases through.Goes up to age 65 in some cases.If medical exam or APS can be obtained at a later date, we will re-underwrite to see if better rate class may be available.
This brand new accelerated program allows clients to retain permanent coverage without a medical exam. Clients age 18-50 can purchase up to $2M through the program. Clients age 51 to 60 can purchase up to $1M. Available classes are Standard, Preferred, and Super Preferred. For now, you can simply submit a full, formal application (Part 1 and Part 2). The application will be reviewed along with a script check, MVR, and internal scoring system. Clients that meet the DB requirements will automatically go into the Fluidless program when the app is submitted. Those that get Standard or better will be in a position to have a policy issued right away. If the client doesn’t come out as Standard or better after scoring, they can still underwrite traditionally and attempt to get their desired risk class. In addition to the Fluidless Program, we will consider both permanent and term applications up to $5M (for term or perm age 70 and under) without an exam. We will do that IF the client has had a physical / check up within the last 12 months.
Get faster decisions for your Standard or better clients. NO paramedical exam. Simply submit a drop ticket, ExamOne contacts the client – the carrier takes care of the rest. Underwriting decisions will be provided in 48-72 hours!
- Recently increased the maximum face amount limit to $2 million.
- Face amounts $100K – $2M
- Available Products: Term Life Answers 10, 15, 20, and 30 years, Income Advantage IUL and Life Protection Advantage IUL
- eTicket (Drop Ticket) only
- Due to COVID-19, all M.O.O. policies will be mailed directly to the client
WriteFit is meant for your healthiest clients. To be considered for WriteFit, the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Apply for a single life product through eApp/iPipeline™
- Face amounts up to $3,000,000 for ages 18-50
- Face amounts up to $2,000,000 for ages 51-60
- Use the tele-interview process
- Clients 18-60 years of age
- Build within recommended guidelines
- No major medical impairments